As part of my top tips for Secondary teachers converting to Primary teaching, tip #3 is make your teaching EPIC
The C of EPIC stands for Challenge.
So what does challenge look like in the classroom?
Here are some suggestions:
- Being happy to make mistakes
- Being part of a group
- Classroom climate – safe but challenging
- Clear understanding of aims and success
- Differentiated questioning, open-ended
- Extend all abilities
- Get out of your comfort zone
- High expectations
- Higher order thinking – explaining answers
- Independent learning
- Length of tasks – quick/fast paced
- New experiences
- Working outside the box
Please add your own suggestions with a comment below.